Centre for International Business and Policy
Dr Abha Rishi is an Associate Professor in International Business. She has 21 years of experience in the field of international trade- in industry and academics. She is an EEC Honors from STVP, Stanford University. Her other qualifications in the field of International business and management are a PhD, PGDIBO, MFT and MIB. She is a 2014 CRISP (Chevening Rolls Royce Science and Innovation Leadership Programme) scholar from the University of Oxford. She is also a Fulbright Research Fellow from India at Rutgers University, Newark, USA for 2009-10. She was the Programme Director for UP and Orissa for the ISB Goldman Sachs 10000 Women global project.
She has published and presented papers in various domestic and international forums. She has also been selected as one of the semi- finalists in the GDN Japanese Award for Outstanding Research in development work in 2011. She has traveled extensively in Zambia, Russia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Colombia, Dubai and USA as part of her work and also for research. She has been conferred the the Entrepreneurship Education Champion’s Award from the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE),jointly with NEN, Intel and the British Council in March 2015.
Presently she is also the Chairperson for the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development (CIED) at BIMTECH.
||CMJ University, Fulbright Research Scholar, Rutgers University, USA
||Masters In Foreign Trade (Pondicherry University,2003), Masters In International Business,Punjab University,1994
||Bachelors in Science (Panjab University, 1992)
|Any Other Degree
- Post Graduation Diploma In International Business Operations, IGNOU, India
- EEC Honors from Stanford University, USA
- International Business and International Retail
- Gender and Environmental public policy
- Papers published in national and international conference proceedings
- Paper published in the journal –South Asian Business Review on SME TO MNE- a schematic for the Growth Creation Model for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Compiled the Summit paper for the SMEs Conclave 2011, “ SMEs to MNEs- Forging the way Ahead’
- Article published in FICCI Business Digest August 2008 on the ‘ DNA of Responsible Business’
- Article published in the book ‘Communication for management- Teaching and Research in Indian Business Schools’
- Wrote a Course pack on Management of Intellectual Property Rights (MIPR) for MBA students
- Wrote a course pack on Export-Import Management for Executive MBA students
Experience : Total experience of 21 years
- Additional responsibility as the Chairperson for the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development (CIED) at BIMTECH, from July 2014 onwards.
- As Associate Professor (International Business) in Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida ( December 2010 onwards).
- Additional responsibility as Programme Director- BIMTECH ISB Goldman Sachs 10000 Women traing programme from September 2010 onwards
- Fulbright Research Scholar,2009-10 with the Department of Management and Global Business, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ from September 2009 till July 2010( on sabbatical leave from BIMTECH)
- As Assistant Professor (International Business) in Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida ( June 2006 to December 2010).
- Worked as Assistant Professor (International Business) and Head of the Department of Management in LIET, a reputed institute under the University of Rajasthan, at Alwar, Rajasthan, India (September, 2005 June 2006)
- Worked as Senior Lecturer [International Business] and Lecturer in Rai University, Bhopal campus, India (14 August 2004- September 2005)
- Manager with G M, New Delhi ( April 2000 – July 2004)
- Asstt. Administration Manager (AAM) with G M, New Delhi ( Jan 1997- March 2000)
- Export Executive in Electra Exports, Meerut ( June1994- Dec1996)
Achievements and Awards
- Conferred the Entrepreneurship Education Champion’s Award from the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), along with NEN in partnership with Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), the British Council and Intel on March 12, 2015.
- Selected for the Chevening Rolls Royce ( CRISP ) Fellowship at Oxford University, UK in April 2014
- Selected for Fulbright Research Scholarship 2009-10 in USA by United States India Educational Foundation at Rutgers University, USA
- Semi-Finalist in the GDN Japanese Award for Outstanding Research in Development Work
- Selected for the 10k Goldman-Sachs International Women Entrepreneurs program
- Achieved the Championship Winners Trophy in the All India Womens’ Quiz organized by the All India Management Association (AIMA) in Le Meridien , New Delhi on 7th March, 2008
- Part of the team to create SABRE- South Asian Business Review, the peer-reviewed journal of CIBP
- Pioneered the formation of the E-Cell ( Entrepreneurship Cell), which has won two Roll of Honour trophies in 2007 and 2008
- Green Entrepreneurship and Government Policy- Developing a Seminal Policy Instrument for Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Regional Development; a research paper
Work in Progress
- Presently writing a book on ‘International Retailing’ with chapter inputs from Russia, China and Brazil
- Sponsored Research by Fulbright Commission on Women Entrepreneurs And Green Innovation