Worked in a leading Indian Public Sector Bank for 36 years including 3 years on Govt. of India and 2 years on State Govt. assignments. Posted as Chairman of a Regional Rural Bank having more than 150 branches. Worked as Head of thr District Industry Dept. implementing the Govt. Industrial Policy which included development of MSME sector. As General Manager (Operations) of the Bank looked after the States of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Orissa, Gujarat for 2 years. Worked as General Manager (Delhi) for 4 years looking after the States of Delhi, NCR, J&K, U.P., Haryana and Uttarakhand.
Visited Bangladesh under UNDP sponsorship to study Bangladesh Grameen Bank under the guidance of Prof Younus, the nobel laurate. Attended various programmes / seminars / workshops representing the Bank in organisations like:
● Management Development Institute(MDI)
● Administrative Staff College of India(ASCI)
● Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research
● National Institute of Bank Management(NIBM)
● National Productivity Council
● Central Vigilance Commission