Dr. G.N. Patel is a Professor in Decision Science and heads the area of ‘Operations and Decision Sciences’ of Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida (U.P.), India. He has 30 years of teaching and research experience. He is a PhD from Sambalpur University in Operations Research and has done his M.Phil from Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad in Applied Mathematics. He is also an alumni from IIM, Ahmedabad. His interest lies in Mathematical Programming, Efficiency Measurement. He has more than 115 papers published in both National and International journals of repute. He has successfully guided eleven scholars for their Ph.D in Management, Science (Mathematics, Statistics) and 8 are pursuing presently. He is a regular paper presenter of International Conference of Data Envelopment Analysis.
Some Recent publications / accepted for publications
- G N Patel and A Bose, ”Seeking Alternative DEA Benchmarks”, Opsearch, Jan-March 2014, Vol 51(1) pp 23-35 (DOI) 10.1007/s12597-013-0130-9, A Springer Publications.
- GN.Patel, Pratigya Kwatra and Rahul Singh, “Corporate Social Performance in Strategic Governance and Stake holder Dimensions: Evidence of Indian Mutinational Manufacturing Companies”, Asia Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, Vol. 9, 239-248, September 2013. Doi: 10.1177/2319510X1351921 (Sage Publications)
- GN Patel and A.Bose, “NeuralDEA-A framework using Neural Network to re-evaluate DEA Benchmarks”, Accepted for publication in Opsearch. DOI-10.1007/s12597-013-0170-1.
- GN Patel and Pratigya Kwatra, “ Evaluation of Corporate Social Performance of Indian Public Sector: A Non Parametric Approach”, accepted for Publication in International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Inderscience Publications.
- GN Patel and Pallavi Seth, “Measuring Efficiencyof Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana using Data Envelopment Analysis”, accepted for publication in Journal of Health Management, Vol.6 DOI 10.1177/0972063414526185 Sage publication
- GN Patel and Smriti Pande, “Efficiency and Projections of Categorical DMUs: a frontier analysis approach”, Competitiveness Review-An International Business Journal, Vol. 23 No. 4/5, 2013 pp 408-425 Emerald Group of Publishing Limited 1059.5422. DOI 10.1108/CR-04-2013-0041.
- G N Patel and Smriti Pande, “Assessing Cost Efficiency of Pharmacy Retail Stores and Identification of Efficiency Drivers”, Int. J. of Business Performance Management, Vol.14, No.4,2013 pp 368-385.Inderscience Publications.
- G N Patel and A Bose, “A Clustering Approach using Principal Components”, Srujan,Vol-1, Number-2, Jan-Jun 2012, pp54-61, ISSN: 2250-1347
- G N Patel and Smriti Pande, “Measuring the performance of pharmacy stores using discretionary and non-discretionary variables”, Vol. 50, No. 1, Jan-Mar 2013, pp 25-41, (DOI) 10.1007/s12597-012-0095-0, OPSEARCH (Springer Publications),
- G N Patel and Sumant Das, “Cost Efficiency of Pharmaceutical firms manufacturing drugs for specific diseases prevalent in India” Accepted for publication in Journal of medical marketing. DOI: 10.1177/174579041453
- G N Patel and Zawadi Ally, “Evaluating Efficiency of Commercial Banks in Tanzania and identifying efficiency drivers”, Accepted for publication in IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 16, Issue 7.