Name: Manas Pal
Area:Statistics & Operation Research
Manas Kumar Pal holds a Ph.D. degree in Statistics. He is currently an Assistant Professor in Decision Science & Operations Management at Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar.
He has over 20+ years of experience in teaching, research and consulting. His teaching interest includes quantitative methods, operations management, operation research, research methodology, TQM, project management. His research interest includes random polynomials, optimization modeling, social statistics, public policy & development, entrepreneurship, demography & population studies.
He has attended and presented papers at many national and international conferences. Many of his papers have been published in edited books and reputed journals. He has reviewed a number of papers and has been the editor of peer reviewed research based journals. He has also received best paper awards both in national & international conference. He has attended many FDP and Workshops.
He is a member of Indian Science Congress Association
Sambalpur University in the area of Statistics & Operation Research
M.Phil (Statistics) Sambalpur University
M.A(Statistics), Utkal University
● Random Polynomials
● Optimization Modelling
● Social Statistics
● Public Policy & Development
● Demography & Population Studies
Academic & Professional Experience
● PGDM and MBA teaching - 11+ years
● PG Teaching & Research - 4 years
● UG Teaching - 4 years
● Executive Editor of the Journal "Pratibimba" in IMIS, Bhubaneswar
● Campus Coordinator in ICFAI Group
● NSS Program Officer
● Institute of Management & Information Science
● Regional College of Management
● ICFAI National College (a constituent of ICFAI Hyderabad)
● P.G Department of Statistics, Sambalpur University
● IIMT Bhubaneswar
● IIPM Bhubaneswar
● Business Statistics
● Operation Research
● Production & Operations Management
● Business Research Methodology
● Statistical Quality Control & TQM
● "Some properties of random equations and their applications to LPP" Lambert Academic Publishing (ISBN-13:978-3-659-35893-7)
● “Management Science” Himalaya Publishing (ISBN: 978-93-5051-759-8)
● Stochastic Programming with Cauchy Distribution, Pakistan Journal of Operations Research, Vol. XI, pp.543-552, 2015 (Coauthor: Somnath Bagh)
● The Expected Number of Maxima of a Random Algebraic Polynomial with Independently Normally Distributed Random Variables, International Journal of Analysis and Number Theory, ISSN 2375-2807, Vol. 3, No. 2, PP. 149-162, 2015 (Coauthor: Somnath Bagh)
● Case study “Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd”, ET cases, ISBN: 978-81-931001-0-3, Page 47-55, 2015 (Coauthor: B.Panda)
● Revisiting Management Education for Socio-Economic Growth, Odisha Review, ISSN 0970-8669, Vol. LXX No.12, pp.28-34, 2014 (Coauthor: Anamika)
● Transforming Management Education in Line with Youth Expectation, Parikalpana, ISSN 0974-2808, Vol. 11, Issue 1, pp 61-73, 2014 (Coauthor: Anamika)
● Imparting Entrepreneurship Education for Strategic Innovation and Economic Development: a study in Odisha, Asian Journal of Management Research, ISSN 2229-3795, Vol. 5, Issue2, pp.234-252 2014 (Coauthor: Anamika)
● Information and Network Security in E-Governance: Perspective and Issues, International Journal of Research in Engineering, IT and Social Sciences, ISSN 2250-0588, Vol. No. 2, Number 11, pp. 347-362, 2012 (Coauthor: C.R.Moharana)
Attended & presented papers in several International & National Conferences Organized peer level training on AIDS awareness under Universities Talk AIDS Participated in various FDPs & Training Program .
● Organized MDP on "Effective Selling Skills and Customer Relationship Management" for Marketing Executives of Postal Department at RCM Bhubaneswar on 17th & 18th September 2011.
● Museums: Financial analysis for creating maximum value – The cost imperative- National Council of Science Museum February 2014 at Salt Lake, Kolkata
Awarded Best Paper in 7th National Management Convention on 21st – 22nd February, 2014, organized by KIIT School of Management, KIIT University.
Indian Science Congress Association, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar ,Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research